Quick Twitter Tutorial
- #Hashtag is how the system tracks topics and makes it easier for you to find out what people are saying about things that interest you.
- Your “Home” page is like your Facebook newsfeed, where all the tweets from everyone you follow appear.
- Your “Notifications” page is like your e-mail inbox. Any time someone uses your @name or responds in any way to your tweets, it will be here.
- Your “Me” page is where all of your tweets, followers, everyone you’re following and the photos/video you’ve tweeted are. It’s like your Facebook profile
- “Reply” symbol
- “ReTweet” (RT) & QuoteTweet (QT) symbol
- “Favorite” symbol
You don’t have to direct a tweet to anyone. You can just tweet: “This is going to be one scary episode #BlackJackIsBack” and everyone who follows you will see it.
If you start a tweet with @name (@OutlanderAmbass), only people who follow both of you will see it on their Home pages, but the system will still see it and it will register for trending if it has the #BlackJackIsBack (or other hash-tag in it.)
During trending events, go to the gray “Search Twitter” box in the upper right hand side of your “Home” page. Enter #BlackJackIsBack hit “Enter” and then click on “All”.
This is where the party happens. You’ll be able to see all of the tweets LIVE. If you see a tweet you really like, you can use “Reply” to tell the person something like “Great comment about #BlackJackIsBack” or “Favorite” it by clicking on the Star or “QuoteTweet” it by clicking on the bent arrows. (All of these are at the bottom of each tweet.) If you click on ReTweet, it does not count for trending, so we want to avoid those in Twitter drives but the tweet will go out to all of your followers and be saved on your “Me” page for you to enjoy later. You can also copy and paste the tweet and add the letters RT to your own tweet.
- You need an Unlocked Account (change privacy settings, you can revert back once drive is over).
- Use only ONE hash-tag per tweet. More hash-tags are seen as spam and don’t count.
- You need Two Words plus a #hashtag for it to count as a valid tweet. Add a photo if you like but say something.
- DO NOT RETWEET (these do not count towards trending) QuoteTweet or Copy and Paste.
- You need at least 10 Followers (Need more send @Reader_DG a tweet and we will get you the followers)
Unable to LIVE Tweet for whatever reason, and miss out on being in the loop. Scheduling is your answer.
Use either Hootsuite or Twuffer to schedule all your tweets, these are free for basic use.
You can attach links and photo’s, plus add up to 3 accounts in Hootsuite: https://hootsuite.com/
You can only add links in Twuffer: http://twuffer.com/
- Before you start “Log in” to your twitter account in your browser.
- Open either Hootsuite or Twuffer, click “sign in with twitter” then click “Authorize App”
- When scheduling select the correct Time Zone. Then proceed to write your tweet as you would on twitter remembering only one hash-tag #BlackJackIsBack (copy&paste the hash-tag for correct spelling)
- Select “Schedule” and choose correct time and date for when the show airs in your country.
- If you are scheduling for a Trending effort. Try to schedule a minimum of 10 but not more than 30 tweets.
Maril Davis from Tall Ship Productions was kind enough to do a Q & A for the Australia & New Zealand Outlander Fans.
She loved us so much she could not stop :)
And then Matt decided to join in :)
The amazing Maril then continued to answer some tweets the next morning, that she did not get to the night before!
Link to #AskMaril hash-tag Convo: https://twitter.com/hashtag/askmaril?f=realtime&src=hash
Outlander has the BEST CREW EVER!
Tulach Ard! There’s a battle going on, multiple fan groups voting against us. They DO NOT want to go up against #Outlander in the next rounds. Plus, remember our history with E!News (Hottie of the Week). :/
Multi-Tab Voting: Open link 10x (12+ if you want) pause a bit between to let tabs load & VOTE>> VOTE>>VOTE>>VOTE…Close all tabs & Start over.
This “Elite 8″ round closes March 11 (tomorrow) at 5:00 PM PT.
ALL #Outlander Highland Warriors needed to VOTE Jamie & Claire —> http://www.eonline.com/news/633485/tv-s-top-couple-tournament-2015-vote-for-your-favorite-pairing-in-the-elite-8-now
Please Share this post, Thanks!
The Anglophile Channel indicated today in a comment that Sam and Caitriona are making their races “very tough,” which we’re pretty sure is TAC-speak for they are winning at this point. Yay for us, but it doesn’t count until we are winning all 3 races at 11:59 pm PST on January 9, ken?
Personally, I hate using the “return to poll” option to vote repeatedly because I have to scroll around to find the category again, open the poll, scroll and vote. Inefficient, right? So, I’ve taken a page out of our People’s Choice Awards strategy and tried using multiple tabs. It works.
Copy this link: http://theanglophilechannel.com/2015-favorite-british-artist-of-the-year-awards-fan-vote/
Open a tab and paste the link there. Leave that tab be for a minute and open another tab, paste, repeat. Once you have 8-10 tabs open, scroll to Cait’s category, vote it, scroll to Sam’s first category, vote it, then scroll to Sam’s second category and vote that one too. Then close that tab. Go to the next tab you have open and repeat until you’ve voted all 3 categories in each tab. Repeat.
The Anglophile Channel Awards are based 100% on fan votes. We know how to win this stuff. We’ve proven it.
Caisteal Dhuni! (OK, MacKenzies – Tulach Ard!)
By now, we have all seen this comment on every contest in the Anglophenia women’s tournament, except Cait vs. Rosamund Pike.
No one wants Cait to have the out-of-body experience Sam did when he won last week more than we do.
We DO need to remember that all of these contests are a means to make Outlander more visible, increase viewership and ratings and help to ensure as many seasons as there is story to be told. Making enemies in other fandoms will hurt the show. We need to be gracious in all of dealings with the other fandoms, no matter how badly the provoke us. Comment on the threads VERY sparingly and stay on our message: “Cait is bringing a character some of us have loved for over 20 years to life and doing it brilliantly. Watch the show. Read the books. Join the clan.”
As far as trying to influence other match-ups ourselves, just remember when we helped Reign get into the finals in #FallTVObsession, we ended up competing with some real wildcats. I think it’s better to allow the matches to proceed as they will. (I’m voting one other race myself because one of the competitors was very loud in her opposition to the #IndyRef.)
Our best strategy is to vote often and for as long a period of time as we can. High road, peeps. Remember in Loch Lomond that the high road takes us into the Highlands. The low road is death.
Final Round – Caitriona Balfe vs Alex Kingston (last years winner)
Vote Here: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/fan-favorites/women-2014/finals/match-2/
It’s time to be thankful for everything Outlander has brought into our lives.
Outlander Ambassadors and www.skinsationssoap.com are offering a gift set (candle and bath salts or candle and Outlander-themed soap) to one lucky winner who takes a few minutes of their holiday to vote for Outlander and give thanks to those responsible for bringing Outlander to us.
To enter to win:
1. Vote for Outlander for Favorite Cable Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show for at least 10 minutes on Thanksgiving, November 27. (November 28 in Australia and New Zealand)
2. Send the following message to Diana Gabaldon, Outlander_Starz and as many cast and crew members as you’d like.
I #VoteOutlander #PCA2015 because I’m thankful for Outlander today and every day. http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all/77/2
Tweet like this: @Writer_DG @Outlander_Starz I #VoteOutlander #PCA2015 because I’m thankful for Outlander today and every day. http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all/77/2
OR post the text as it appears above to your Facebook timeline and on Diana and Outlander’s walls.
3. Enter here: http://www.outlanderquotes.com/gabaldon/raffletakequiz.cfm?rid=19 Entries close at midnight PST on Thanksgiving.
So, when you get up to put the turkey in the oven on Thanksgiving morning, please take 10 minutes to give thanks to those who brought Outlander to us and made Clan Outlander a true family.